As Leiemarathon VZW, we are responsible for processing your data. If you have – after reading this Privacy Statement – have any questions, please contact us via the contact section of our website.
Who do we address with this privacy statement?
This privacy statement is applicable to the board, staff members, participants, people who offer us services and products, sponsors.
Why do we process personal data?
Leiemarathon VZW processes your data for the following reasons:
- Legal obligations because of the legislation of VZWs
- To participate in our activities
- To receive mails connected to our activities
- To secure and assure the activities
You always have the right to withdraw your personal data.
For the above reasons, we ask following data:
- Personal data: name, surname, address
- Contact data: telephone number, emergency telephone number, e-mail address
- Personal traits: date of birth, sex, nationality
- Images and videos taken during the event
We only collect the data you gave us permission to use. We do not share data via external partners, with the exception of information shared with our external partner for the registration process for our activities.
We only use the data it was meant to be used for to achieve the above reasons.
The personal data mentioned above need to be shared with us in order to compete in our activities.
Supplying data with third parties and data processors
The data you share with us can be shared with third parties when needed in order to achieve the goals mentioned above. We use following third parties:
- Saving and processing data in the Cloud (via Cloud Service Provider)
- Webhosting and Mailhosting
- Sending out newsletters and invitations
We never share data with external partners or data processors with whom we have no processing agreement. We have made agreements with our external partners in order to guarantee the safety of your data.
Our third parties – data processors
We share data with following third parties:
- Emergency services in case of emergency
- Insurance companies in case of insurance claim
- Mailchimp in order to distribute mailings related to our activities
We agreed with these parties concerning the safety of your data. Your data will not be shared by them with other partners unless this is required by law.
We don’t sell or let people rent your data with third parties in order to achieve commercial goals.
How long will we store your data?
Leiemarathon VZW will not store data longer than needed in order to achieve the goals the data was collected for in the first place.
Your rights concerning data
- You have right to inspect your personal data
- You have the right to have a copy or your personal data
- You have the right to adjust or complete your personal data if you find that the data is incorrect or incomplete
- You have the right to have your data erased from our database, provided that we don’t need them in order to be in check with or goals (such as providing information about the activities your will be competing in). We have the right to inspect if your request is justified.
- You have the right to ask for a limitation on data storage: if you object to certain data processed, you have any right to ask us to stop processing certain parts or your data.
- You have the right to object to the way we process and use your data, for example you can object to the use of your data in our direct marketing efforts by e.g. unsubscribing to our mailings.
- You have the right to ask us to transfer your data to yourself or to other parties.
You can contact us by using the contact button on our contact page in order to express your rights, joined by a motivation explaining your objectification.
We have the right to ask for identification before we can give attention to your question concerning personal data.
Should you have a complaint about us processing your personal data or concerning how we work with your rights, please contact us by using the contact button on our contact page. You have the right to complaint to the commission regarding processing personal data and privacy:
- Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit (GBA)
- Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
Changes to our privacy statement
Leiemarathon VZW has the right to adjust their privacy statement. If we do change something, you will be updated via this website.